How to Use Video Tours to Sell Your Property in Dubai Faster and Easier
Video tours are one of the most effective and innovative ways to market and sell your property in Dubai. They are short and engaging videos that show the features and benefits of your property in a realistic and detailed way.
Video can help you attract and impress potential buyers and investors who can view your property anytime, anywhere. They effectively reduce the number of physical viewings while helping you stand out from the crowd of other agents and properties, who are competing for the same clients and deals in a highly saturated and competitive market.
In this blog post, we will show you how to create a stunning video tour of your property in Dubai. We will also share some tips and best practices on how to make your video tour more effective and appealing.
How to create a video tour of your property in Dubai
Creating a video tour of your property in Dubai is not as difficult or expensive as you may think. You can create a video tour using your smartphone, a tripod / stabilizer, a microphone or a headset, and some editing software or apps. You just need to follow some simple steps, such as:
- Plan your video:
Decide on the purpose, the message, the audience, and the duration of your video. Prepare a script or an outline of what you want to say and show in your video. Scout the location and check the lighting and sound conditions. Natural light is always beneficial, however the agent should be mindful of the source of light. If you are filming toward the light source also knows as hard light, you should ensure that curtains are closed so that there is no darkness / shadows that compromise the shot.
- Film your video:
Use portrait mode, steady shots, good lighting, clear sound, different angles, and transitions to film your video. Highlight the best features and benefits of your property, such as the location, the size, the layout, the design, the amenities, and the view. Show the lifestyle and culture of the neighborhood and the city by filming the lobby, amenities such as the pool / gym and the surrouding area around the property to give clients a more holistic view of the area.
- Edit your video:
Trim your video, add text and graphics, add music and voice-over, and add a call-to-action to edit your video. Make your video concise, informative, and persuasive. This can be done using the native camera apps on most smart phones or with free third party tools such as CapCut.
Let’s look at each step in more detail.
Step 1: Plan your video
Before you start filming, you need to plan your video by deciding on the following aspects:
- The purpose:
The purpose of your video is to showcase your property and persuade your viewers to take action, such as contacting you, booking a viewing, or making an offer. You need to have a clear and specific goal for your video and focus on the main selling points of your property. You can add a voiceover and explain the property’s unique selling points to ensure your message gets across or use captions within the video to communicate your message.
- The message:
The message of your video is to communicate the value and the benefits of your property to your viewers. You need to have a clear and consistent message for your video and use facts, figures, and emotions to support your message.
- The audience:
The audience of your video is the potential buyers and investors who are interested in your property. You need to know who your target audience is and what they are looking for in a property. Hence you’ll need to tailor your video to suit their needs, wants, and expectations. If for example you are filming a high end property in Downtown Dubai, you should ensure to film the lobby of the building, the interconnectivity between buildings in the area, the proximity to Dubai Mall and Burj Khalifa and the amenities that are unique to that particular area.
- The duration:
The duration of your video is the length of time that your video lasts. You need to keep your video short and sweet, as most people have a short attention span and a busy schedule. You need to capture and retain your viewers’ attention and interest in the first few seconds and deliver your message in the shortest time possible. A good rule of thumb is to keep your video between 45 seconds to 1 minute. Short cuts within the video ensure that retention within the video will remain high, given what we’ve learned from social media experiences.
Once you have decided on these aspects, you need to prepare a script or an outline of what you want to say and show in your video. A script or an outline can help you organize your thoughts and ideas and ensure that you cover all the important points and details. It can also help you avoid rambling, stuttering, or forgetting what to say or show. Here’s a strucure you can use for a creating a script:
- The introduction:
The introduction is the first part of your video, where you introduce yourself, your property, and your message. You need to make a good first impression and hook your viewers’ attention and curiosity. You can use a catchy phrase, a question, a statistic, or a testimonial to start your video.
- The body:
The body is the main part of your video, where you show and tell the features and benefits of your property. You need to make a logical and smooth transition from one point to another and use clear and simple language to explain your points. You can use bullet points, numbers, or headings to structure your video. You can also use visuals, such as photos, videos, maps, or floor plans, to illustrate your points.
- The conclusion:
The conclusion is the last part of your video, where you summarize your message and call your viewers to action. You need to make a strong and memorable final statement and motivate your viewers to take the next step. You can use a slogan, a quote, a guarantee, or a testimonial to end your video. You can also use a button, a link, or a QR code to direct your viewers to your website, your social media, or your contact details.
After you have prepared your script or your outline, you need to scout the location and check the lighting and sound conditions. You need to choose a location that is clean, tidy, and well-decorated, and that reflects the style and the mood of your property. Check the lighting and sound conditions and make sure that they are optimal and consistent. Avoid direct sunlight or backlighting that can create glare or shadows. Also avoid background noise or echo that can interfere with your voice or your music. You can use natural light or artificial light, such as lamps or candles, to create a warm and cozy atmosphere.
Step 2: Film your video
Once you have planned your video, you need to film your video using your smartphone or tablet, a tripod or a stabilizer, and a microphone or a headset. You need to follow these tips to film your video:
- Use portrait mode:
Portrait mode is the vertical orientation of your device. Film your video vertically rather than horizontally as most platforms are designed to have videos watched in portrait mode.
- Use steady shots:
Steady shots are the shots that are stable and smooth, without any shaking or blurring. You need to use a tripod or a stabilizer to hold your device firmly and avoid any movement or vibration. You can also use the timer or the remote control function to start and stop the recording without touching your device.
- Use good lighting:
Good lighting is the lighting that is bright and even, without any glare or shadows. You need to use natural light or artificial light, such as lamps or candles, to create a warm and cozy atmosphere. You need to avoid direct sunlight or backlighting that can create glare or shadows. You need to adjust the brightness and the contrast settings on your device to suit the lighting conditions.
- Use clear sound:
Clear sound is the sound that is loud and crisp, without any noise or echo. You need to use a microphone or a headset to record clear and crisp sound. Avoid background noise or echo that can interfere with your voice or your music. Ensure you test the sound quality and the volume level before you start recording.
- Use different angles:
Different angles are the different perspectives and viewpoints that you use to show your property. You need to use different angles to show the different aspects and dimensions of your property, such as the exterior, the interior, the rooms, the amenities, and the view. Use wide-angle shots to show the overall layout and the spaciousness of your property and close-up shots to show the details and the quality of your property. Use high-angle shots to show the height and the depth of your property while using low-angle shots to show the width and the breadth of your property.
- Use transitions:
Transitions are the effects that you use to move from one scene to another. You need to use transitions to create a smooth and seamless flow of your video. You can use fades, cuts, wipes, or slides to create transitions. You can also use music, voice-over, or text to create transitions.
When you film your video, you need to highlight the best features and benefits of your property, such as the location, the size, the layout, the design, the amenities, and the view. You need to show the lifestyle and culture of the neighborhood and the city. You need to use facts, figures, and emotions to support your message. Here are some examples of what you can say and show in your video:
The location is the place where your property is situated and the surroundings that it offers. You need to show and tell the location of your property and the advantages that it provides, such as the accessibility, the convenience, the security, and the prestige. You can say something like:
- “Welcome to this stunning property located in the heart of Dubai Marina, one of the most sought-after and vibrant neighborhoods in Dubai. This property offers you the best of both worlds: the proximity to the beach, the marina, and the metro station, and the access to the finest restaurants, cafes, shops, and entertainment venues in the city.”
- “This property is located in the peaceful and green community of Jumeirah Village Circle, one of the most affordable and accessible neighborhoods in Dubai. This property offers you the perfect balance between urban and suburban living: the easy access to the Sheikh Zayed Road and the Al Khail Road, and the availability of schools, hospitals, supermarkets, parks, and gyms in the area.”
- “This property is located in the prestigious and exclusive Palm Jumeirah, one of the most luxurious and exotic neighborhoods in Dubai. This property offers you the ultimate lifestyle and prestige: the stunning view of the Arabian Gulf, the private beach access, and the exclusive amenities and facilities in the island.”
The size is the measurement and the dimension of your property and the space that it provides. You need to show and tell the size of your property and the benefits that it offers, such as the comfort, the functionality, and the storage. You can say something like:
- “This property is a spacious and cozy studio apartment that covers an area of 450 square feet. This property offers you a comfortable and functional living space that includes a fully fitted kitchen, a modern bathroom, a built-in wardrobe, and a balcony.”
- “This property is a large and elegant four-bedroom villa that covers an area of 4,000 square feet. This property offers you a luxurious and spacious living space that includes a fully equipped kitchen, a maid’s room, a laundry room, a private garden, and a garage.”
- “This property is a magnificent and grand six-bedroom penthouse that covers an area of 10,000 square feet. This property offers you a spectacular and lavish living space that includes a gourmet kitchen, a home theater, a gym, a jacuzzi, a rooftop terrace, and a private pool.”
The layout is the arrangement and the design of your property and the rooms that it contains. You need to show and tell the layout of your property and the advantages that it provides, such as the style, the flow, and the flexibility. You can say something like:
- “This property has a smart and modern layout that maximizes the use of space and light. This property has an open-plan living and dining area that connects to the kitchen and the balcony. This property also has a separate sleeping area that offers privacy and comfort.”
- “This property has a classic and elegant layout that enhances the beauty and the charm of the property. This property has a separate living and dining area that leads to the kitchen and the garden. This property also has four en-suite bedrooms that offer luxury and convenience.”
- “This property has a unique and stunning layout that showcases the creativity and the vision of the property. This property has a circular living and dining area that surrounds the kitchen and the pool. This property also has six en-suite bedrooms that offer panoramic views and access to the terrace.”
You need to show and tell the amenities of your property and the benefits that they offer, such as the convenience, the comfort, and the entertainment. You can say something like:
“This property has a contemporary and minimalist design that reflects the simplicity and the sophistication of the property. This property has a neutral color palette, a sleek finish, and a modern furniture that create a clean and cozy atmosphere.”
- “This property has a traditional and rustic design that reflects the history and the culture of the property. This property has a warm color palette, a wooden finish, and a vintage furniture that create a cozy and charming atmosphere.”
- “This property has a futuristic and innovative design that reflects the innovation and the vision of the property. This property has a vibrant color palette, a metallic finish, and a smart furniture that create a dynamic and exciting atmosphere.”
Step 3: Edit your video
After you have filmed your video, you need to edit your video using some editing software or apps. You need to follow these tips to edit your video:
- Trim your video:
Trimming your video is the process of cutting and removing the unwanted or unnecessary parts of your video, such as the mistakes, the pauses, or the repetitions. You need to trim your video to make it concise, informative, and persuasive. You need to keep your video between 45 seconds to a 1 minute, depending on the purpose, the message, and the audience of your video.
- Add text and graphics:
Adding text and graphics is the process of inserting and overlaying some words and images on your video, such as the titles, the subtitles, the captions, or the logos. You need to add text and graphics to make your video more clear, attractive, and professional. You need to use simple and readable fonts, colors, and sizes for your text and graphics. You need to avoid cluttering or obscuring your video with too much text and graphics.
- Add music and voice-over:
Adding music and voice-over is the process of adding and mixing some sounds and voices on your video, such as the background music, the narration, or the sound effects. You need to add music and voice-over to make your video more engaging, emotional, and persuasive. You need to use appropriate and relevant music and voice-over for your video. Avoid overpowering or distracting your video with too loud or too quiet music and voice-over.
- Add a call-to-action: Adding a call-to-action is the process of adding and displaying some instructions and directions on your video, such as the buttons, the links, or the QR codes. Add a call-to-action to make your video more effective and actionable. Use clear and specific call-to-action for your video, such as “Contact me”, “Book a viewing”, or “Make an offer”. You need to place your call-to-action at the end of your video and make it visible and clickable.
- Upload to Viewit: Once you’re ready to post, publish your video listings to Viewit! A property portal designed to show video listings so you can get qualified leads.
Video marketing is a powerful tool for real estate agents in Dubai who want to sell their properties faster and easier. Video marketing can help showcase properties in a more realistic, detailed, and appealing way.
Video marketing can also help you build trust, credibility, and rapport with potential buyers. Video marketing can also help you reach a wider audience, increase your visibility, improve your personal brand as an agent and boost your conversions by using Viewit!
However, video marketing also requires planning, preparation, and execution. You need to know how to create and use video listings that will highlight the best features and benefits of your properties. You also need to know how to optimize your videos for SEO, social media, and online platforms.
If you want to learn more about video marketing for real estate agents in Dubai, you can visit our website and sign up for a FREE guide on video marketing.
Share this article on: